The MUS Toolkit
Our toolkit provides guidance on Planning, Developing and Providing multiple-use water services, based on the experiences of MUS Group members.
Part 1: Toolkit for Planning and Provision
- Introducing the approach: Identifying stakeholders, understanding their concerns and getting buy-in.
- Situational assessment: Assessing water resources, existing infrastructure, users and their needs.
- Visioning and strategic planning: Agreeing on a common vision and developing a strategy to achieve it.
- Financing: Calculating life-cycle costs, assessing options and agreeing on framework.
- Implementation: Putting plans into action--construction, training and governance.
- Supporting continuous services: Ensuring sustainability--on-going support to service providers and monitoring.
- The MUS cycle