Meetings and Events
MUS Group meetings
This page gives an overview of MUS thematic group meetings held over the years. The meeting minutes and/ or proceedings can be accessed via the links. The presentations given at the meetings can be found in the Resources section.
Minutes of the thematic group meetings
Information of the various thematic group team meetings, documenting the processes, discussion, debates, and decisions made by its members from 2003 to the present..
- 2015 MUS Group Meeting March 2015 : proceedings of the MUS Group meeting in The Hague, the Netherlands, on 30-31 March 2015.
- 2014 MUS Group meeting June 2014 : report from the MUS Group meeting, held in June 2014 at the offices of WaterAid in London.
- 2013 MUS Group meeting December 2013 The Hague : held 20 December 2013 in The Hague, the Netherlands, hosted by IRC. The meeting looked into the two types of water supplies for multiple-use and discussed critical questions on support to self-supply and participatory design of communal systems.
- 2012 MUS Group meeting Jan 2012 Washington DC : held on 19-20 January 2012, at the offices of Winrock International in Washington, DC, USA.
- 2011 MUS Group Meeting May 2011 : and report of the MUS Group meeting, which took place on 31 May - 1 June in Rome, hosted by IFAD.
- 2010 MUS Week 22-25 Feb 2010 in the Netherlands : information on and discussion points arising from the MUS Week meeting held last 22-25 February 2010 in Leiden, the Netherlands. Organised in three parts, the MUS week was opened by an expert meeting; followed by a two-day intense MUS Community of Practise group workshop that tackled the issue of a cost benefit analysis approach vis-a-vis MUS; and was concluded by a one-day MUS Group meeting. During the last day, a meeting organised by the Challenge Program on Water and Food also took place.
- 2010 MUS Meeting 22-23 November 2010 : presentations and report of the MUS Group meeting held on 22-23 November 2010 in the Netherlands
- 2009 Meeting 24-25 Aug 2009 - Rome : minutes and background paper of the meeting MUS Group meeting held on 24-25 August at the FAO offices in Rome.
- 2009 Minutes phone conference meeting April 2009 : the minutes of a phone conference meeting, held on 15 April 2009. You can download them here MUS Group meeting 15 April 2009 aide memoire.doc (66.5kb)
- 2008: Minutes meeting 5 Nov 2008 : minutes and action points of the MUS Group meeting, held on 5 Nov 2008 at the ILRI Campus, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- 2007: Thematic Group meeting 5-6 Nov London This is the report of the MUS Group meeting, held on 5-6 Nov 2007 in London.
- 2007: Thematic group meeting 12-13 Feb 2007 : The last meeting was held on the 12 and 13 February 2007 at the IRC International Water and Sanitation Centre in Delft, the Netherlands.
- 2007: Take home messages - we have recorded the messages participants mentioned as a ´take home message´.
- 2007: Background note for session on MUS, sanitation and reuse : background note for the session on MUS, sanitation and reuse for the MUS Thematic Group Meeting, Delft, 12-13 Feb 2007. Background note sanitation.doc 26.00 kB
- 2006: Report from side event at Stockholm World Water Week 2006 : The PRODWAT thematic group and the Multiple Use Systems project convened a side event on multiple use water services on 22 August 2006 at the Stockholm World Water Week.
- 2006: Notes from thematic group meeting - June 2006 : report and presentations from the June 2006 thematic group meeting held at WEDC, Loughborough
- 2005: Notes from thematic group meeting - June 2005 : you can download the notes from thematic group meeting June 2005 here
- 2005: Presentation from Colombia A powerpoint presented by Ines Restrepo, Cinara, Colombia in june 2005 on multiple uses of water: three case studies in Valle del Cauca, Colombia.
- 2005: Presentation from India : A powerpoint presented by Joep Verhagen, IRC, Netherlands and Mihir Bhatt of the Disaster Mitigation Institute on multiple productive uses of water in small towns in India: the case of Bhuj.
- 2005: Presentation from MUS project : A powerpoint presented by Barbara van Koppen, IWMI, South Africa on multiple use of water systems(MUS).
- 2005: Presentation from PLAN - East and Southern Africa : A powerpoint presentedby Amsalu Negussi, Plan International, South Africa on effective water use for livelihood improvement in East and Southern Africa.
- 2005: Notes from Thematic Group Meeting - December 2005 : Report of the meeting hosted at the Overseas Development Institute, London, 7-8 December 2005, including links to presentations and videos.
- 2005: Notes from Thematic Group meeting- February 2005 : A brief report of the 2 day meeting organised by the PRODWAT group at the IRC (International Water and Sanitation Centre, Delft, the Netherlands)
- 2004: Report from learning event at Global WASH Forum - November 2004 : A brief report of the learning event ‘Beyond Domestic’ organised by the PRODWAT group at the Global WASH Forum in Dakar, Senegal, 29 November 2004
- 2004: Notes from Thematic group meeting - March 2004 : The Minutes of the meeting held in Greenwich, London on the 15th March .
- 2004: Notes from Thematic group meeting - January 2004 : The Minutes of the meeting held in Johannesburg, South Africa on the 29th January .
- 2003: Notes from Thematic Group Meeting - May 2003 : The minutes of the first meeting of the thematic group in Delft in May 2003. You can download the Minutes here